Sunday, July 1, 2012

Simon Says Stamp & show the depth of distress

For me it is all about the distress lines. I love the products and the techniques, in my eyes it is all about mastering the techniques and then combine them.

In my piece for this week I took a frame where I used the crackle paint with the distress stains, this effect is one of my favourites.  For inside the frame I used the paint dabber resist technique where I stamped with paint dabber first and then I blended out 4 colours distress ink ( 2 spring & 2 summer colours) they are complementing each other so well, that I couldn't resist.

I like it like it is, but I could also pop it in a picture frame but I fear that the crackle effect will be a bit lost by the glass in front of it.


3 comments:

  1. this is really stunning, I love how you've blended the inks. Thanks for joining us for the distress challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I love the blending, it was the first technique I used with distress ink and I still like it a lot. And I find it important too, a good or bad blending could make or brake the piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous! I love the blue and pink blended background. It's lovely. I also love the white flourished around the edges. They rally are lovely and help to frame your sentiment! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete